Public Summary

Pulang-Entunau FMU (T/3250)

Forest Management Plan

Background Information

  • Pulang-Entunau FMU covers about 59.5% of the Forest Timber Licence No. T/3250 and the other 40.5% is affected by Baleh Hydro-Electric Power (HEP) dam catchment and exclusion area downstream of Baleh HEP due to HEP quarry site and shifting agriculture (SA) claims.
  • The size of this FMU is about 21,237 hectares.
  • It is located in the central region of Sarawak within Kapit Division, about 75 kilometres upriver along Batang Baleh from the town of Kapit.
  • The general location of this FMU is as shown on Figure 1.

Figure 1 : General location of Pulang-Entunau FMU

Legal Status

  • Grand Resources Sdn. Bhd. previously carried out commercial logging in Pulang-Entunau FMU from 1981 to 1991 when the area was part of Forest Timber Licence No. T/3063.
  • The current licensee, Jutakayu Sdn. Bhd., took over the timber harvesting upon the issuance of Forest Timber Licence No. T/3250 on 15th March, 1991.
  • After its expiry on 14th March 2001, the licence has been renewed a number a number of times and the latest expiry date is 14th March 2020.

 
                        

         

FMP :

Contact Us

    Email us: jutakayusb@gmail.com